How IT Managed Services Companies Provide Solutions for Midsize Enterprises
Midsize enterprises (MSE) are uniquely positioned in the marketplace, occupying the middle space between large-scale corporations and startup SMBs.
With greater reach than SMBs comes increased cash flow, but expanding infrastructure and technology needs can quickly outplace MSE spending targets and available staff.
As a result, many MSEs are now leveraging outsourced managed IT services to maximize their impact and stay ahead of the competition. But how do midsize organizations know when it’s time to shift from internal to outsourced IT support? And which services offer the ideal middle ground between budget and benefits?
Signs of the Time
Despite the growing role of technology in SME success, many companies struggle to effectively implement and meet evolving customer expectations. While every organization is different, common indications that it’s worth considering a midmarket IT provider include:
- Innovative competition — If larger competitors are outpacing your service desk and customer support capabilities, managed service providers (MSPs) can help bridge the gap.
- Increasing growth — Growth is the goal for SMEs, but rapid growth across new locations or market segments can strain existing IT frameworks.
- Inconsistent strategy — Many companies have IT environments driven by necessity rather than design. If IT strategy isn’t your strong suit, consider an MSP.
Where Spend Meets Simplicity
Three factors typically govern the depth and breadth of midmarket IT spending: budget constraints, limited in-house skillsets and minimal access to solutions at scale. As a result, MSEs place high value on cost-effective services that also reduce overall complexity.
For midsize businesses, critical components of technology management include:
- Right pricing — Tight budgets mean midsize enterprises need clear pricing across enterprise-level IT services such as network and performance monitoring, asset management and maintenance.
- Right sizing — MSEs won’t spend on services that offer more IT than they need. Instead, they prefer consulting-focused MSPs that help right size solutions to match business requirements.
- Right relationships — Midsize enterprises can’t afford to rapidly switch vendors and providers, so they prioritize relationships that focus on end-user satisfaction to deliver long-term trust.
- Right products — When it comes to solutions for customer care, service desk or system performance, MSEs demand a combination of breadth and simplicity. In response, MSPs must offer multiple options across IT categories while also delivering simple, streamlined deployment.
Choosing Among Best-Fit Enterprise IT Vendors
The midsize enterprise IT market is growing as providers recognize the potential of long-term partnerships with MSEs.
At Innovative Technology Solutions, we’re committed to delivering cost-effective integration and consultation to help transform your existing technology deployments. By leveraging a combination of specialized expertise and scalable solutions, we help your MSE realize improved employee productivity, optimized system performance and key strategic value.
Integration. Transformation. Specialization. Empower your enterprise IT services with ITS. Get in touch today!